This Privacy Statement (“statement”) applies to Kent Corporation and its commonly controlled affiliate entities’ (“KENT”) handling, use, and disclosure of your personal information. KENT is committed to maintaining the privacy of the personal information it collects and maintains.
The Types of Information and Data We Collect and the Legal Basis
We may collect your personal information when you interact with us. Our collection of personal information is not limited to your interaction with our website. Below is more detailed information about how we collect personal information.
Information that you provide to us
You may be requested to voluntarily provide your personal information when interacting with our website, such as when you are subscribing to marketing updates or requesting product information. We may also collect personal information from you at tradeshows or similar events, when you register as a visitor at our offices, or when we communicate for the purpose of beginning or continuing a business relationship.
The personal information we collect may include:
- Contact information which is information that assists us in identifying you and communicating with you, such as your name, phone number, address, email address, and mailing address;
- Business completion information, which is information that assists us in furthering or completing our services, such as information about your purchase and/or inquiry, customer account information, company name, job title, work address, and payment instructions; and
- General information, which is information that helps us understand who you are and what you may want, such as your location, business information, and demographic information.
Information that we may collect automatically
Like most websites, we collect personal information about our website visitors using automated methods. The information we collect assists us in understanding how our website is being used. When you visit our websites we may collect the following information about you:
- Information related to your visit, such as how long you remained on our websites, how you found or accessed our websites, your geographic information when you visit our websites
- Information about the device you used to access our websites, such as your IP address, operating system, device, and browser type.
Information we may collect from third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, such as public databases, professional websites, social media platforms, joint marketing partners, or data providers. This information may include your name, email address, professional information, professional background, location/address, IP addresses, phone number, and/or address.
In combination with other personal information we have collected, we may use this information to further market our products and provide our services to you, including providing targeted advertising and customized communications. We may also use this information to protect our legal interests, including our digital and physical assets.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information that we collect for the below purposes (alone or in combination with other pieces of personal information).
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as:
- Communicating with you for marketing and promotional purposes, including sending you newsletters, emails, SMS text notifications, and direct mailings;
- Understanding how our website is used and how visitors interact with it to assist in our understanding if the information provided is effectively presented;
- Providing personalized advertising to you both on our website and on other websites you may visit, based on your browsing activities, and advertise our services and products and/or with your consent;
- Understanding and analyzing how you use our website and services, and develop new features and services to increase the functionality of this website;
- Developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- For security purposes, such as
- Maintaining your safety and the safety of our personnel if you are on-site and to manage access
- Managing access to confidential information that we possesses to the extent necessary for maintaining safety and security and comply with our legal agreements;
- Safeguarding our assets, including our websites; and
- Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, security, or technical issues.
- For fulfillment purposes, such as
- Sending product, order, or account information to you;
- To respond to your requests or provide information you have requested;
- Communicating with you, including providing you with updates of the services we provide, provide the information you request, respond to your questions, comments, and suggestions, and continue providing customer support;
- For technical purposes, such as:
- Monitoring our website usage and data, identifying trends, determining the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, and enhancing the functionality of our websites to assist us in expanding and developing our business activities;
- Administering, troubleshooting, testing, conducting data analysis, and reviewing the features of our websites.
- To comply with our legal requirements, including complying with applicable laws, agreements, and policies;
- For any other purpose we describe to you before receiving your content.
How We Share the Information
Vendors, consultants, agents, and other service providers
We may share your information with these persons to assist us with enhancing our business processes, our services, and/or our products. These services include our data processing, billing, customer support, information technology infrastructure, hosting our information technology infrastructure, providing security services (physical and electronic), or optimizing our online or offline marketing efforts.
We may share your information with our professional advisors, including lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers, where it is necessary for them to provide us their professional services.
Compliance with laws
We may share your information with any regulatory, governmental body, competent court of law, or in response to any proper legal demand, such as a court order or subpoena. We will only disclose your information where we believe it is required by law.
Other instances when we may share information
We may share your information when we believe it is necessary to protect the vital interests or legal rights of KNG, you, or any other person.
We may share your information with our commonly owned affiliated entities, who are also limited to using your personal information as detailed in this statement. Your information may also be disclosed in the event of a merger or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
We may disclose aggregated information about our website visitors, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Your Choices About How We May Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices about how we collect and maintain your personal information. In certain instances we provide your choices related our collection or handling of your information, such as:
- Opting out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data; or
- Contacting us to have us remove you from our promotional communications.
Where required by law, we provide the ability for you to access, modify, change, update, or delete personal information related to you that we have collected or maintain. You may contact us to exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not be able to accommodate your request if we believe the change would violate any applicable law or legal requirement or we have other just cause to decline your request. We will notify you of our rationale if that is the case.
We have implemented procedural, technical, and physical safeguards to prevent the unauthorized access to or deletion of your personal information that we have collected or maintain.
The safety of your information also depends on your practices. Where we have provided you a password to access features, you should not make that password available to third parties. You should also consider that the internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information that we have collected or maintain, any time you transmit this information it is susceptible to being intercepted.
Third Party Practices Beyond Our Control
This policy does not address how your personal information is collected or utilized if you leave our website for another website, even if through a link that we provide, or if you interact with a third party plug-in embedded in our website (such as a social media feed). We do not control these third parties. You should review the privacy practices for those websites to learn more about your rights related to how they may handle your information.
Information collected by third parties, either through the use of any application or content (including advertising) or through access to their website through links that we provide.
You may also be able to opt out of receiving targeted ads or other third party tracking by opting out on the Network Advertising Initiative's website.
Our services are hosted in the United States and our website is intended solely for traffic from the United States. If you choose to use this website outside of the United States you should be aware that you are transferring your personal information outside of the region where you are located for storage and processing. By providing any information, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information outside of the region where you are located.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this policy please submit them to email@example.com.